BMTC Easy Travel Information Planner is must have app if you are new to Bangalore or if you stay at Bangalore or you often visit Bangalore. This app gives the answers to the following questions regarding the transportation.
- What are BMTC bus numbers?
- How to know BMTC bus timings?
- What are the BMTC bus timings at night?
- What are the BMTC bus timings early morning?
- BMTC bus route timings & BMTC airport bus timings?
- What are the BMTC bus routes and numbers, platform?
BMTC Easy Travel Information Planner also known as BMTC bus tracking app was designed keeping in mind the passengers’ problems and to promote public use of transportation. All BMTC run buses are equipped with GPS. So they provide the current location of the bus and ETA of arrival.
The Android app was launched on 25 May 2016 under the BMTC project named Intelligent Transport System (ITS). Before going into the details of the app like how to use it to find bus fares, routes, bus timings let us give a brief intro about the BMTC.
What is BMTC?
BMTC – Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation is one of the divisions of KSRTC government. The agency operates the public transport bus service in and around Bangalore, India. Some of the service types offered by BMTC division are Ordinary, Suvarna, Vajra, and Vayu Vajra.
Major bus stations & Travel and Transit Management Centers
BMTC has 3 major bus stations (Majestic, K. R. Market, Shivajinagar) and 10 Travel and Transit Management Centres (TTMCs).
Now coming back to the central point, the app is made available in two languages: English and regional language Kannada. For BMTC app download go to mybmtc.com or Google Play Store.
What are BMTC bus numbers? How to know BMTC bus timings?
To find the bus numbers and timings Open BMTC app -> Select Trip Planner
See example below:
- Enter the From location (Ex. Bilekhalli)
- Enter the To location (Ex. Kempegowda Bus Station)
- Click on Get Rote
- Shows the list of buses on that route with ETA (365D, 365P, 364B).
- Select any bus (Ex. 365D).
- Displays the total no. of buses from source to destination (Ex. Bilvaradahalli to Kempegowda Bus Station).
- It shows no. of bus stops covered (Ex. Bilvaradahalli, Maruthi Badavane, Weavers Colony…)
- Shows the ETA of arrival at the selected station (Ex. Bilekhalli in 25 mins).
What are the BMTC bus timings at night? What are the BMTC bus timings early morning?
The last buses to various destinations will run usually at 11:30 PM. In the early morning, the buses will start around 3:30 AM. But there are few buses which are meant only for night time services and the fare will be one and a half.
If you know the bus route number. Open BMTC app -> Select Locate Route.
See example below:
- Enter the Bus Route Number (Ex. 13)
- Click on Get Bus
- Result (From Shivajinagara Bus Station To Banashankari TTMC)
- Click on “Show Buses on Map” (for Map)
- Click on List Buses (for list of buses)
- Clicking list of buses displays the total number of buses between Bus Route Number (Ex. 13).
- Select stop (Ex. KH Road)
- Displays how many buses near to selected stop (Ex. KH Road)
- Select any bus (Ex. 13).
- Displays the total no. of buses from source to destination (Ex. From Shivajinagara Bus Station To Banashankari TTMC).
- Shows no. of bus stops covered (Ex. Shivajinagara Bus Station, Indian Express, MG Statue…)
- Shows the ETA of arrival at from station (Ex. KH Road in 15 mins).
BMTC bus route timings & BMTC airport bus timings?
Vayu Vajra is the service run for airport commuting. To find bus numbers,
- Enter Bus stand/Airport
- Ex: Select ITPL (Whitefield TTM)
- Displays the bus route numbers.
How to know BMTC Stops & Stops nearby?
By switching on the GPS on a mobile device, users can track the real-time location of buses on a particular route.
To know Stops & Stops nearby Open BMTC app ->
- Click on Select Stop & Stops nearby
- Enter the stop name (Ex. Bengaluru Dairy Circle towards Brigade Road)
- Shows the number of buses coming to selected stop on map
Sooner, BMTC will be introducing prepaid smart cards for commuting. This should eliminate the need of paying the exact amount of change.
Improvements in Version 2.8.2 (Released on August 31, 2017):
- Bug fixes
Improvements in Version 2.8 (Released on August 29, 2017):
- Bug fixes
- Charter Services Enabled
- Performance Enhancements