Online scanner or online virus scan is one the best ways to scan and remove malwares from your PC. They provide free online virus scan for your PC without installing their virus detector or anti-malware software. As there is no installation, no hard drive space is required, online PC scan comes in handy. Especially if you are running out of hard disk drive space or using a computer that’s running low on hardware resources.
Below are few benefits of an online scanner:
- No installation is necessary.
- No major system requirements.
- Faster scanning times than regular.
- No downloading of Virus signatures.
- Moreover, free scans or at very little cost.
Now, here is the list of online scanners. Choose one of them.
Bitdefender Online Scanner:
Bitdefender is a cybersecurity and anti-virus software company that offers free Online Virus Scan. The free Online Scanner and virus remover offered by Bitdefender includes some of the great features listed below.
Features of Bitdefender Online Scanner:
- Easy to install and update
- Spyware scanning and removal
- Automatic uninstall
- Exportable reports
How to install the new Bitdefender Online Scanner
- First, make sure you have uninstalled the earlier version of Bitdefender online scanner already installed on your computer.
- Open Internet Explorer -> Go to the Tools tab (Alt + T)
- Click on “Uninstall Bitdefender Online Scanner”. (If you do not see this option, please follow the above instructions in safe mode).
- Once you click on this option, a message will show up asking to close all the Internet Explorer windows.
- Now, close ALL the Internet Explorer Windows, including the one you were just working on.
To install the latest version of Bitdefender Online Scanner
- Open Internet explorer and go to the link:
- Now click on “Start scanner”.
- A new window will popup asking you to agree with the terms and conditions in order to proceed with scan.
- Check the box and click on “Start”.
- Internet Explorer’s popup blocker will prompt you for an action. This is because the website is trying to install the online scanner add-on.
- The action you will have to do is click on the text message displayed at the top of the window and select “Install ActiveX control…”
ESET Online Scanner:
ESET Online Scanner is a FREE one-time online virus scanner. The free online virus scan detects and removes malware easily. Moreover, runs from any browser. Some of the key features of ESET Online Scanner are:
Features of ESET Online Scanner:
- Runs scan on all popular browsers likewise Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Safari and more.
- Simple one click activation and comprehensive Malware Detection for both known and unknown threats.
- Up-to-Date and In-Depth Scanning offers selective Scanning of specific files or folders. Thus, increases the scanning speed.
- Anti-Stealth Technology that detects and cleans hidden threats automatically.
- Moves infected files into a special folder where they no longer pose a threat to your PC and can be restored.
How to install ESET Online Scanner
- ESET Online Scanner is implemented as an ActiveX control. This means one must download and install it first before the program can be run through the web browser.
- Now, open your favorite browser and go to https://www.eset.com/int/online-scanner-popup/ to download the software. (User must have Administrator privileges in order to install or uninstall the ESET Online Scanner ActiveX control)
- Upon visiting the above URL, a message will be displayed at the top of web browser saying “This website wants to install the following add-on…”
- Right-click on the message to open up a popup context menu.
- Now, select Install ActiveX Control from the menu. It downloads the software for the ESET Online Scanner.
- Wait for the download to complete. After, click on the Install button to finish installation of the ActiveX control.
- That’s all.
How to uninstall ESET Online Scanner
- It is easy and convenient.
- After every scan completion you will have an option to uninstall.
- Click the appropriate checkbox and hit the “uninstall on close” button. It removes all the components of ESET Online Scanner.
- To remove the ESET Online Scanner components manually, go to Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs.
- Select ESET Online Scanner and click Remove (A restart may be required to complete the uninstallation).
- Also, you can run the Online Scanner Uninstaller (filename: OnlineScannerUninstaller.exe) program. It is located at C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ directory on computers running 32-bit (x86) editions of Microsoft Windows and in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSWOW64\ directory on computers running 64-bit (x64) editions of Microsoft Windows.
F-Secure Online Scanner:
F-Secure Online Scanner is a free tool. Download and run virus remover on your PC to get rid of all viruses and spyware. Online scanner Scans and cleans your PC for free. The interesting thing about F‑Secure Online Scanner is online virus scan works even if you have another security software installed on your computer.
Features of F-Secure Online Scanner:
- Works even another security software installed.
- Scan resumes automatically after system restarts due to harmful items found by F-Secure Online Scanner.
- Generation of report after completion of scan.
- Automatically quarantines everything that it removes during scan (click View quarantine to see quarantined items).
How to install F-Secure Online Scanner?
Just a couple of clicks and you are ready to use F-Secure Online Scanner.
- Go to http://download.sp.f-secure.com/tools/F-SecureOnlineScanner.exe
- Download the F-SecureOnlineScanner.exe
- Double Click on the file to run it. The F-Secure Online Scanner window opens.
- Click Accept and scan.
How to uninstall F-Secure Online Scanner?
- F-Secure Online Scanner actually do not install anything on your computer.
- Just “delete” downloaded executable-file/delete the icon from your desktop.
HouseCall – Free Online Virus Scan from Trend Micro:
HouseCall is a piece of software from Trend Micro that detects and removes active malware from the scanned device. It also checks for malicious browser plug-ins and rootkits.
Features of HouseCall:
- Easy-to-use interface
- Detects and fixes malicious threats for free.
- Custom Scan options – choose quick, full, or custom based on your need.
- No compatibility issues: the application is Stand-alone and browser-independent.
- Review and Restore – Check and compare scan results. Recover files if you trust them.
- Enhanced Detection and Cleanup – Detects and cleans up even rootkits on all your home network devices.
How to install HouseCall – Free Online Virus Scan?
- Go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com/apac/
- Download HousecallLauncher.exe to your computer.
- Click Run.
- Read and accept the terms of the license agreement.
- Go to Settings to select Scan Type.
- Select the type of scan you want to perform and click ok.
- Go to https://go.trendmicro.com/housecall7/housecall4mac/HouseCall.dmg
- Save and Open dmg
- Drag the Housecall file to the Applications
- Open the Housecall application.
- Click Open when a warning window gets displayed.
- Wait for Housecall to complete the initialization process.
- Read and agree the End User License Agreement.
- Click on Scan Now and wait for the scan to finish.
- Once the scan is complete Click Exit.
VirusTotal is a bit different online scanner from the above virus detector and removers. It stands unique by combining many antivirus products and online scan engines likewise Avira, BitDefender, ESET, Google Safebrowsing, Kaspersky, etc… VirusTotal can be useful in detecting malicious content and false positives.
The other interesting fact about VirusTotal is, online virus scan offers a number of file submission methods likewise File Upload & Scan, URL Scan and searching of a URL, IP address, domain or file hash.
Features of VirusTotal:
- Free for non-commercial use.
- File and URL analysis tools to scan suspected URLs.
- Frequent updates to Malware signatures as they are distributed by antivirus companies.
- Detailed results that not only tells whether a submitted file is malicious but also displays each engine’s detection label.
- VirusTotal community for users to contribute comments and vote on whether particular content is harmful.
How to install VirusTotal?
No installation is necessary. Just visit the below link from your favorite browser.
BullGuard Free Online Virus Scanner :
BullGuard Virus Scan is a free online virus detector that helps you find malwares lurking on your computer. Online virus scan takes just about 60 seconds to let you know if your computer is infected.
Features of BullGuard Virus Scan:
- Incredibly light on resources and extremely fast.
- You don’t have to uninstall your current security solution.
- Works as an add-on for browsers likewise Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer browsers.
- Full Scan Report of all the activities happening on your PC and detected malwares.
Drawbacks of BullGuard Virus Scan:
- BullGuard Virus Scan runs only on Windows computers.
- The scanner does not remove viruses, it only detects computer infections.
- To clean out any infections found by BullGuard Virus Scan you need to use BullGuard Internet Security which is a paid software.
Hacker Combat Website Malware Scanner:
Hacker Combat is a free online malware scanner that scans websites for any malware, hidden codes, iframes, and vulnerabilities etc. The scans performed by Malware Scanner are deep and laces across the length and breadth of a website.
If a website is affected by any notorious code, the tool alerts the business owners to take immediate action. In addition, the online scanner warns the owners/webmasters about the possibility of website getting blacklisted due to numerous security threats.
Features of Hacker Combat Online Scanner:
- Gets you a detailed report on the status of a website.
- Alerts the business owners to take immediate action.
- Warns the possibility of website getting blacklisted due to numerous security threats.
- Supports scan for finding Trojans, Worms, Back Doors, Suspicious Activity/Code/Connections/Iframes, Heuristic Viruses, Phishing and Blacklist Checking etc.
How to scan website using Hacker Combat Website Malware Scanner?
- Open your favorite browser.
- Go to https://hackercombat.com/website-malware-scanner/
- Enter the website URL and hit Search.
Drawbacks or Limitations of online virus scanners:
- Online Scanner needs an Internet connection.
- They must be run under an Administrator account
- If viruses are found few Online Scanners just doesn’t clean them.
- Online Scanner scans the computer only for existing viruses. They do not protect computers from getting infected.
- Browsers compatibility: Not all online virus scanners supports all browsers.
- [Solved] How To Remove Shorte.st Virus?
- Android Malware Definition, How to Remove & Protect your Smartphone