Always choose BHIM app if you are doing financial transactions. Because the app is Secure, Simple and Superfast. So, what’s a financial transaction? A financial transaction, in general, referred as an agreement between a buyer and a seller. It is carried out in order to exchange an asset for payment.
Financial transactions are usually divided into two types:
- Cash Transactions &
- Non-Cash or CashlessTransactions
As India is moving towards digitalization and cashless economy, the public has been encouraged to do every single financial transaction as cashless. For this reason, a Mobile App is developed by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). The app solely functions based on the Unified Payment Interface (UPI).
What is BHIM app?
BHIM app is a mobile application that is discussed above. It is the app developed by NPCI to encourage non-financial transactions. BHIM is a shortened form of Bharat Interface for Money.
History of BHIM app:
BHIM app was launched by Narendra Modi, the 15th Prime Minister of India on 30th December 2016. It’s been named after Dr. Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar, an Indian jurist, economist, politician and social reformer. Having launched at Digi Dhan mela in New Delhi, the app is anticipated to simplify e-payments directly through banks.
What is Unified Payment Interface UPI?
Unified payment interface is a payment system likewise NEFT1, RTGS2, IMPS3 etc. Being controlled by the Reserve Bank of India, it enables the instant fund transfer between two bank accounts on the mobile platform.
1 National Electronic Funds Transfer
2 Real Time Gross Settlement
3 Immediate Payment Service.
How does the BHIM app work?
As said above, the app functions based on UPI. Unified Payment Interface is built over Immediate Payment Service. Then, IMPS transfers funds using Virtual Payment Address (VPA).
What are the features of BHIM App?
- Availability of QR code based scan & pay option.
- Option to save beneficiaries for future references.
- Request Balance in a moment and further access to transaction history.
- Report Issue and call Bank facilities straightaway from the app.
- FAQ section to answer all the user queries.
- Above all, multiple Indian languages support.
What are the Benefits of BHIM App?
- One App for sending, receiving money as well as making merchant payments.
- Furthermore added security with Single click 2-factor authentication.
- Allows the user to use either Mobile no. or Name to create VIRTUAL PAYMENT ADDRESS (VPA).
- Send and collect money using VIRTUAL PAYMENT ADDRESS (VPA) or A/c no & IFSC.
- Moreover 24X7, 365 days instantaneous money transfer.
Which banks does the BHIM app support?
The app supports all Indian banks that use Immediate Payment Service payment system.
Where to download the BHIM app?
BHIM is available on both Android and iOS platforms. Below are the download links:
How to use BHIM app?
How to register on BHIM app?
- Download and install the application.
- Choose your preferred language and verify your phone number using an SMS.
- Click on Next and wait for the verification process to complete.
- Once the verification is done, input a four-digit passcode.
- Later, the app will ask you to select your bank.
- Once you’re done with bank selection, the app automatically picks up your details. It is based on your phone number registered with the bank.
- Now, select the primary bank account. This will be used for all your transactions by default.
What are the prerequisites for registration? / What do I need to start using BHIM?
- In the first place, a valid Debit Card for your account.
- Further, Mobile Number should be linked with your bank account.
- Bank account should be registered for Internet/Mobile Banking.
- Registered Mobile Number SIM must be present in the same device where the app is installed.
How to send Money on BHIM app?
The app home screen displays three options — send, request and scan/pay. To send money to someone:
- Open the app.
- Enter virtual payment address (VPA) or the mobile number or Account No & IFSC.
- Click once on verify to check the name of the payee. Name of the PAYEE is fetched if the user is registered on *99#/BHIM or from the Bank CBS.
- Enter the amount to be transferred with remarks (optional).
- Further, enter your UPI PIN on the next page and Confirmation of money sent is shown.
- Finally, you will be displayed with a notification for the success of the transaction from the app.
How to collect money on BHIM app?
- Open the app and enter app login and passcode.
- Select Receive Money Option for receiving payment through Virtual Payment Address (VPA) & Mobile number.
- Click once on verify to check the name of Payer.
- The requester will be shown with PAYER name.
- Further, enter the amount and remarks.
- Confirmation of Request Sent is shown to the initiator at last.
- The initiator will be notified once PAYER accepts the request for money.
How to collect money on BHIM app using QR code (Dynamic)?
- Open app in the first place and choose appropriate option to generate the QR code. It is present at the top right corner of the homepage.
- Generate the QR code and share it for requesting Money.
How to Scan & Pay?
- Open the app and enter app login and passcode.
- Choose to Scan & Pay through a QR.
- The app opens a QR scanner which then populates the details like any other PAY transaction.
- Upon entering the UPI PIN, the transaction gets completed in the meantime.
Must be remembered: Transactions are possible only between verified phone numbers.
How to Reset/Change UPI PIN on BHIM?
- Choose Bank account option and tap on Reset UPI PIN.
- Enters the last six digits and the expiry date of your debit card.
- Bank OTP is requested and the app auto detects it.
- Enter your new UPI PIN and reconfirms it.
- Finally, UPI PIN registration success message will get displayed.
How to Raise complaint on BHIM?
- On Home Page choose Transaction option and select the declined transaction (highlighted in Red).
- Click on report issue or call the bank.
What are the Transaction or Transfer Limits?
Per transaction Maximum limit is Rs. 10,000.
Per day Maximum limit is Rs. 20,000. Also, there is a limit of 20 transactions per account per bank.
What are the charges for using BHIM?
- From NPCI there are no charges. However, there is one time hard binding SMS charges. It depends on your mobile operator.
- For *99# the charges are Rs.0.50/- per transaction.
- It is up to bank’s discretion to levy any charges on the customers for using BHIM.