In digital marketing the most commonly seen word is copyright. If you’re a content writer or owner of a blog, you should have often heard about copyright act, copyright law and digital millennium copyright act etc. Here in this article we are going to learn about them in detail.
What is copyright law or what is the copyright act?
Copyright act is the one that gives the creators of content or their writings the right to control the ways in which their material may be used.
What does DMCA mean & what does DMCA stand for?
DMCA stand for Digital Millennium Copyright Act. It means the copyright act prevents the theft of information that occur in the internet. In addition, DMCA increases the consequences in copyright infringement cases.
What is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act?
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is a copyright law of United States. The copyright law forbids production and distribution of technology, devices, or services without a written permission from the owner.
What is a DMCA claim or what is a DMCA notice?
A DMCA claim is also called as DMCA Takedown Notice. In detail, it is a complaint made by someone when they suspect a website has made the violation of their copyright act.
What is DMCA takedown or what is a DMCA takedown notice?
A DMCA takedown notice is a well-established, accepted, and internet standard that is followed by website owners and internet service providers. It helps in removing the content from a website at the request of an owner of content or an owner of the content who is holding copyright.
What is DMCA protected or what is protected by Digital Millennium Copyright Act?
A webpage or a content that displays a badge or an icon or graphic is termed as Digital Millennium Copyright Act protected. DMCA.com is one of the very few websites that fulfills all your Digital Millennium Copyright Act & internet copyright needs.
How to take down a website?
If a website is violating the copyright laws or stealing the content from a website, you can take it down by sending copyright infringement notice. There are two types of copyright infringement notice.
- Personal and
A personal takedown notice is issued when the personal content has to be taken down. A commercial notice is issued when the content of an organization has to be taken down.
How to file a DMCA takedown notice?
Go to DMCA.com. They provide a variety of tools that help you detect and defend theft that has occurred and prevent it from occurring in the future. DMCA.com provides two approaches for you to file a DMCA Takedown notice:
- Full Service Takedowns: In this service, DMCA.com will take care of all the needed work. All you need to do is just fill out their simple Takedown form that takes less than 3 minutes.
- Do it yourself Takedown Service (DIY): This type of approach is most suitable for webmasters and internet professionals. Here they provide the complete toolkit for you to research, create and process takedown notices.
This approach is not recommended unless you are an expert at either international copyright law or the internet.
1) Signup or upgrade to the Protection Pro.
2) Add the takedown case details.
3) Later select takedown notice style.
4) DMCA.com will then generates a completed notice for you in a moment.
5) Send the notice to an infringing Website or ISP.
How to takedown your content from a website freely? How to add DMCA to website?
DMCA.com offers free takedown if your website contains their protection badge. Just add one of their Protection badges and get the content takedown if someone steals it.
- In the first place, select the badge that suits to your website.
- Then, register the badge by signing up free an account.
- Copy and paste the embedded code into your website.
- Let the badge stay on website for 30 days. As a result, the website becomes “Protected by DMCA.com”.
- A website Protected by DMCA.com means the takedown is free if someone steals it.
Why use DMCA.com takedown services?
- To begin with, 100% money back guarantee.
- Professional, qualified and experienced team of internet experts.
- Further industry best at getting stolen content removed.
- Just 3 minutes to complete takedown form indeed.
- Right process and case handling procedures.
- 24 hours 7 days a week support.
- Facebook water marker to protect photos on facebook.com
- 3D (Defend, Detect, Deter) threat protection. Not to mention, protection certificate to let people that you are protected by DMCA.com
What can I remove with a DMCA takedown notice?
You can certainly remove anything that you have created and being used online without your permission. For example text, pictures, music, videos, games, logos, corporate docs etc.
As can be seen, handling copyright infringement cases is not only complex but also requires good knowledge on international copyright laws or the internet. The simple solution is to take the help from the one those who have expertise in takedowns likewise DMCA.com. After all, they can obviously be your one stop shop for all your Digital Millennium Copyright Act & internet copyright needs.