Files by Google (formerly Files Go): If you feel your android phone is slow and isn’t responding on time it may be due to the junk files that are stored on your device memory. Junk files not only slows down your smartphones, they even occupy your internal storage space causing out of memory. Furthermore making you delete/move your valuable data or forcing you to add external memory device.
What are Junk Files and where do they come from?
Junk files are temporary, hidden files that are stored in the storage area of a device. They are created and left behind by running programs each time you use your computer or mobile phone. Some of the examples for junk files are cache, residual files and temporary backups created by Microsoft Word documents.
Why should you delete junk files?
As said above, they make the device function slower and run out of memory. Each junk file created by running program may be only of size few bytes. But, the accumulation of a number of junk files occupies megabytes and gigabytes of storage space. As a result, the device will have a harder time in finding out the files it needs to run.
Cleaning junk files not only frees up space but also improves the overall performance of the device.
How to delete junk files?
If you want to delete junk files on your Windows running PC, the best option is to use a disk cleanup utility. But, if you want to delete the junk files on an Android running device, the best choice is to install Files by Google app.
What is Files by Google app?
Files by Google is a new storage manager by Google that helps you Clean up space on your phone. Not only that but also allows you find files faster and share them easily offline with others.
How effective is Files by Google?
Files by Google offers many features compared to regular file management apps.
Features of Files by Google app:
- Free Up More Space: Files by Google helps you free up more space with just a few taps. In order to do that the app searches your device memory for old photos, duplicate files, unused apps and more and presents an option to delete them. In addition, the app displays how much free space is left on your phone and SD card and allows you transfer files easily to an SD card from phone’s storage right from the app.
- Find Files Fast: Files by Google uses filters instead of folders. So, the things are organized more intuitively. As a result, the app takes less time in finding your photos, videos, and documents on the Android device.
- Get Cleaning Suggestions: From time to time, the app shows recommendations on files to erase before you run out space. Notably, the suggestions get smarter the more you use the app.
- Share Files Offline: This feature of the app allows you to share your files (pictures, videos, documents, or apps) with other nearby Files by Google, user. Transfers are done freely and fast with speed up to125 Mbps. It doesn’t cost any mobile data.
- Transfer Files Quickly and Securely: All the file sharing are done through Files by Google are secured with WPA2 encryption. For this reason, file transfers are more secure.
- Backup and Efficient, Effective Storage Management: Back up your files to Google Drive or any other cloud storage app if you want to keep a file forever. Select the backup option from the Files menu and choose storage app.
With the storage space required to install Files by Google less than 10MB and free of malware or bloatware, it definitely increases your phone’s performance.
How often should you delete?
An average user may delete the junk files monthly. But, if you are a heavy user, make it doing once in a week.
Conclusion: Now, you are completely aware what the junk files are and why you should delete them. Run the junk file cleaners often to keep your devices fast.