Microsoft Apps: Knowing the demand for Android Operating System, Microsoft Corporation has made their presence in the Android market.
Their teams have developed some stunning Microsoft apps for the users of Android OS. In this article, we will discuss few of them.
Below are the Free Microsoft apps for Android smartphone users.
Microsoft Launcher Preview (formerly known as Arrow Launcher):
It’s a simple and personal launcher for Android from the team Microsoft Garage. Microsoft Launcher offers a radical simplification and allows you to personalize your device. So that it matches your style and needs.
Some of the customizations that Microsoft Launcher offer are icon packs, theme, accent colors, gestures, wallpapers and more. With a Microsoft account or work/school account now you can access your calendar data, documents, and recent activities in your personalized feed.
The search bar embedded in Microsoft Launcher makes it easy to find your favorite Microsoft apps and others, keep in touch with friends, and stay on top of the important things in your life. This great app is available worldwide and is translated into all major languages.
7 Reasons why you should set Microsoft Launcher as the default:
- Reminders: Allows you to set and access reminders everywhere (needs account for sync).
- Documents: Now, access your most important Office documents on the cloud. Share them easily with friends and colleagues.
- Continue on PC: With continue on PC feature, take a photo on your phone and see it immediately on your Windows running PC. Not only that but also edit documents, open them and web pages on your Windows PC from the mobile app.
- Pinning of contacts: The app allows you to pin contacts to the Home screen and place them anywhere on the Home screen, dock or in folders. Hence, the most important contacts are at your fingertips.
- Personalized look and feel: With Bing wallpaper of the day feature, the user can have a fresh and new look of their device every day. Microsoft Launcher even gives the user an option to download the wallpaper only in Wi-Fi or normal mode.
- Gesture customization: Double tap to lock your phone, swipe up for app drawer and more with a deep customization for gestures.
- Universal search bar: By using Microsoft Launcher’s universal search bar, search the web or your files, apps, docs, messages and web results in one place.
Next Lock Screen:
Next Lock Screen is a locker app that allows you to see notifications like calendar, missed calls, emails, etc. With this ultimate lock screen, you can check all the notifications in a single tap without unlocking your phone.
The app allows you to perform following functions directly on the lock screen:
- Set Custom unlock pattern code or PIN.
- View missed calls, text messages, and message notifications from Microsoft apps and others.
- Quick access to the inbuilt app like Camera, Flashlight, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.
- Check the local weather with automatic updates.
- View upcoming events and receive summaries of the meetings.
- Control over favorite songs and playlists.
- Selection of wallpaper from gallery or Bing Wallpaper of the day.
Office Lens is a handy capture app that turns any smartphone into a pocket scanner. It allows you to take pictures of whiteboards or printed documents. Furthermore, Office Lens enhances the photo by cropping, sharpening, and straightening. As a result, photos look almost like a scanned image. Later, pictures can be saved to one drive or onto the device as pdf, image, etc.
- The app recognizes the corners of a document under Whiteboard mode and Document mode.
- Later, it automatically crops, enhances and cleans up the image from glares and shadows.
- Further, allows the conversion of scanned images into Word documents, PowerPoint presentations, and PDF files.
- Office Lens even allows saving of the documents to either OneDrive, OneNote or locally on the device.
- Extracts the contact information under Business Card mode and save it into user address book and OneNote.
Outlook for Android:
The Outlook for Android line up all the important emails into a Focused Inbox. Never miss an important email again. The app archives and deletes messages with a simple and customizable swipe gestures.
With just a few taps, share calendar availability and schedule meet-ups. Get more done by attaching and share files from email, OneDrive, Dropbox, or Google Drive accounts.
Here are some of the features:
- Improved look and feel for consistent Outlook experience.
- Ability to sync email from different email providers like Gmail, Yahoo, and AOL.com etc.
- Unified view to view the contacts from all email accounts.
- Integration of full organizational directory.
- Three-day calendar view when in landscape
- Personalize swipe gestures to match your unique email habits
- Empty trash/deleted items folders
SMS Organizer (for India only):
SMS Organizer is another project from Microsoft Garage team. The FREE App helps you focus on the important messages you receive. Some of the features of SMS Organizer are:
Smart Reminders: The app prompts you about upcoming travels, movies and bill payments through timely reminder cards and notifications.
Organizes SMS Inbox: Cleans SMS Inbox by categorizing messages into Important and Promotional. Also, places them in separate folders.
Customizes SMS Inbox: Star or favorite the messages for quick access. Block spam senders and mark senders as promotional. Further, control the level of notifications based on SMS type.
Offline: Requires no Internet connection. The app is made to work perfectly offline.
Hope you enjoyed reading the article Free Microsoft Apps for Android Phones. Like us on Facebook and follow on Twitter (@InfoSeekOut) for more updates.