StudioPress Genesis Framework is one of the most widely used and referred framework by the WordPress bloggers and site owners. There are several reasons for this. According to StudioPress website 500, 000+ WordPress sites are powered by the Genesis Framework. In this post let us go through a few reasons why you should be using StudioPress Genesis Framework over other frameworks.
Before getting into the details on Genesis Framework features or why genesis framework, here are 3 things or tools you’ll see in StudioPress website repeatedly. These tools intention is to make WordPress easier.
1.Genesis Framework: Genesis Framework is a kind of WordPress theme. To begin with, it acts as a skeleton or structure of an entire website and deals with the design, security, and SEO foundation. Not only that but also makes site customizations future-proof. So that there comes no hassle when it’s time to upgrade the software.The Genesis Framework suits for any who want to develop their own theme.
2. Premium WordPress Themes: If you’re not a WordPress theme developer or not interested in building one from the scratch, StudioPress offers Premium themes. Those of you who are not aware, a theme is a design element that rests on top of your framework. StudioPress refers all their premium themes as child themes. Of course, all child themes of StudioPress are built on Genesis Framework. And aimed at making WordPress sites faster, secure, and more SEO-friendly. Not to mention, they can be edited and installed on any WordPress site regardless of hosting service provider.
3. StudioPress Sites: StudioPress Sites are the managed WordPress Hosting sites specifically built for people who want their hosting handled by StudioPress (StudioPress Sites is now powered by WP Engine). They are well known for lightning-fast and easy to set up nature. If you have plans to choose WP Engine as your managed WordPress hosting partner, go ahead and check out their pricing. WP Engine hosting plans come with:
- Risk-free (for 60 days).
- CDN and SSL included.
- Free automated migration.
- Enterprise-grade security.
- Agile developer environments and
- Performance-boosting insights.
Genesis Framework Features:
Now coming back to the start, let us know the genesis framework features without delay.
1. Rock-solid security:
WordPress sites are usually vulnerable to exploits and hacks. Having your site hacked is not only an expensive but also time-consuming. At the same time, it can damage your reputation.
In order to provide best security to its users Genesis Framework is built by following all WordPress security best practices.
2. Blazing fast performance:
This is the most amazing feature of Genesis Framework. It offers easy customization without compromising the speed. Now, set up your site the way you want without any worry about the loading speed.
Genesis code is cleaner (no bloated code) and more lightweight. For this reason, web page load times are very less probably milliseconds.
3. Easy and Fast Customization:
As has been noted above, Genesis offers easy and fast customization. Some of the customizations that are offered are:
Auto-Sized Featured Images: Image management and creating thumbnails can be a difficult task now and then. Thumbnails have been made simple by integrating genesis child themes to use WordPress featured image capability.
Comment Functionality: It’s important to realize that commenting is one of the great ways to build engagement and loyalty with your customer or readers. Genesis child themes give the readers a great comment experience by including threaded comments and Gravatar integration.
Ready for Advertising: Most of the Genesis child themes are ready to advertise as soon as you install them. All you need to do is insert your advertising codes into a text widget and drag it to where you wish to place the advertisement.
Theme Options: Theme options allow you to change the site layout and choose an alternative color scheme. Henceforth, update your site easily and instantly by choosing the theme options.
Widget Ready: WordPress widgets are the easiest and quickest means to add great functionality to any site. You don’t need to know anything about the coding. Just drag and drop the respective widgets to add a search box, opt-in forms, and social media sharing buttons, etc.
WordPress and Theme Tutorials: Not to mention, StudioPress tutorials will teach you all about WordPress and Genesis in case if you want to learn more.
4. Out of the box SEO:
Every webmaster goal is to rank their site well in the search engines. So that the readers, customers, and clients can find them. Only clean, optimized code and smart design architecture can help in achieving the best rankings.
In order to enhance site’s search engine optimization further, Genesis supports Schema.org code. This allows you to output microdata in your site’s code.
5. Ultra-Flexible foundational code:
Being that built on HTML5 Genesis designs give a collection of beautiful frames for the content. To demonstrate, HTML5 is the new code standard that makes site is compatible with future changes to the web. Further, it ensures cross-browser compatibility, site mobile-friendliness and responsiveness, etc.
6. Beautiful, mobile responsive designs:
On the other hand, StudioPress even constantly creating beautiful new themes so-called as child themes. These child themes in the foreground, straightaway updates the site appearances.
Being that means switching a child theme doesn’t alter your search engine rankings and the core functionality of framework remain unchanged. With a child theme now the appearance of a site can be changed in a snap.
7. Custom Widgets & Layout Options:
Genesis Framework has been developed with some custom widgets and “mix and match” layout. Coupled with these features, a user can add the widget of their choice on any area of the site. And also be able to choose any of the 6 layouts for each individual pages or posts via a radio button.
Here’s a list of custom widgets that are available with the Genesis Framework.
User Profile: This widget displays the user Gravatar, bio and a link to an about page.
Featured Posts: It displays post excerpts and a thumbnail to be used in a featured section.
Featured Page: This widget displays the page content and a thumbnail to be used in a featured section.
Genesis child themes come with the flexibility to choose diverse layouts for individual page or post. The following layouts come by default on the Genesis Framework:
- Full Width Content
- Sidebar / Content
- Content / Sidebar
- Sidebar / Sidebar / Content
- Content / Sidebar / Sidebar
- Sidebar / Content / Sidebar
8. Update Your Site Instantly:
Many site owners do not update their WordPress version to the latest. The reason can be complication and can cause plugin compatibility issues. For this reason, the sites become likely to hacking.
Did you know? A WordPress site running Genesis Framework can automatically update the WordPress and Genesis version to the latest. So that you don’t have to call a developer. All the updates were thoroughly tested before installing them.
9. Unlimited Everything:
Buying a Genesis Framework gives you unlimited everything like unlimited updates, unlimited websites license, unlimited support. If you’ve multiple websites or client projects then it’s not necessary to purchase the framework for each of them. You can run it on all with a single purchase.
10. A Wonderful Community with Trusted Developers:
Creating a WordPress blog or site is simple with Genesis. But, if you prefer to outsource the job or want a customized design, StudioPress Communal has a list of well talented and reliable freelancers. Just go ahead and hire a developer to give your site the exact look you want.
How Do I Get Genesis?
Genesis being sold in the following three packages.
1. Just the Genesis Framework: It includes just the Framework that provides security and search-engine-optimized foundation your digital business.
2. Genesis Framework with a Genesis Child Theme: This package comes with both Genesis Framework and a single child theme you choose.
3. The Pro Plus Package: Pro plus Package gives you the access to all genesis child themes that are available currently and any child theme that will be released in future – at no extra cost.
As can be seen, there are several benefits. Update your site straightaway to Genesis Framework without delay.